Stream a movie or TV show in sync even when you’re far-flung away. It works on Disney+, Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and other services.
Streaming service subscriptions make it so simple to binge full seasons of a TV web series, watch new releases on the very first Day from the relaxation on your couch and save money by cutting the cord and leaving the cable and satellite service. During the social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, effective services even found a way to keep movie nights with friends going.
Movie nights were utilized to gather people into the same space to have fun while watching the film. They made people sense like they were part of existence and that others understood them.
Whether you’re on a different side of the country or socially distant beyond the town, here are four ways to watch videos virtually with the people who are dearest and closest to you.
Introduced in iOS15 and macOS Monterey – it is a FaceTime aspect that lets iPad, iPhone, and macOS consumers share there to display for watch parties with up to 33 friends or family members. The elements work with streaming services Apple TV, Showtime, TikTok, Paramount Plus, NBA, and Twitch, and there are plans for the part to work with Disney+, Hulu, ESPN, and HBO Max coming soon. Moreover, it doesn’t work with Youtube or Netflix. For it to work, anyone in the watch party must have iOS15.1 or later installed and a subscription to the streaming service to begin watching.
How to Access SharePlay:
- Begin with a FaceTime call.
- Click on the icon in the top-right corner of your Display that looks like a person standing in front of a display. This opens a scrolling-down menu.
- In the Scrolling down menu, click on Share My Screen.
- Open one of the supported streaming platforms in The FaceTime session to start watching it.
According to Apple, anyone in the watch party can hit pause, play, fast-forward or rewind. If a person talks during the show, SharePlay will lower the sound of the video until people quiet down. People can tap a group chat icon in the bottom left corner of the screen so they can text each other without disturbing the video.
Teleparty, earlier known as Netflix Party, is a Google Chrome expansion that lets you host a watch party for up to 1,000 folks if you know them all. It works for Netflix, Disney+, HBO, Hulu, and other streaming services. The attention that each viewer requires is to have a subscription to the active service being watched to join the watch party. They also require the Teleparty expansion to be installed.
How to Install and use Teleparty:
- Open Google Chrome and look for Teleparty.
- Tap on Teleparty. It should be the top in results.
- Next, click on the “Add to Chrome” button.
- Tap Add Extension. The Teleparty icon, TP, pops up in your Chrome toolbar now. If you don’t see the hero in your toolbar, tap the puzzle piece icon and the pin icon near the TP icon.
- Open the video in one of the promoted streaming services in Chrome.
- Tap the TP icon in the toolbar.
- Tap Start the Party.
- A new page shows the video and a link you can share with friends and family members.
- To be a part of the watch party, tap on the link and select the TP icon in the toolbar.
Teleparty has a group chat where people can text each other while the show is playing.
Hulu Watch Party
Hulu Watch Party is established into Hulu, so you don’t have to download, install or update anything. You need to share with up to 8 subscribers of Hulu with no ads or Hulu+ Live TV with no ads. Additionally, the service doesn’t work for Hulu’s Live TV provider, and only some titles are adaptable with Watch Party. Hulu Watch Party can be utilized on Desktops or MacOS with the Updated version of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Safari.
Here's How to Host a Watch Party While Using Hulu Watch Party:
- Open Hulu and log in to your account.
- Move ahead with the Details page of a movie or a TV show.
- Tap the icon that looks like three people standing together.
- Tap the Start the Party. Tap the three dots next to a show’s title for a television episode. Tap to Start the Party in the scrolling-down menu.
- A new page will pop up with a link you can share to watch the party with your friends and family members.
- When anyone opens the link, tap Begin the Party.
Hulu Watch Party has a group chat where the members can communicate through text with each other throughout the show playing.
Prime Video Watch Party
Just like the Hulu Watch Party, there is Prime Video Watch Party as it’s constructed into Amazon Prime Video and works on movies and shows on the service. Moreover, Prime Video Watch Party grants you to invite members of up to 100 simultaneously to watch a video together. Prime Video Watch Party is available on SmartPhones and tablets, Fire TV devices, Fire tablets, and Google Chrome. It can’t be accessed on IOS or in Safari or Internet Explorer.
How to Host a Watch Party via Prime Video Watch Party:
- Log in to your Amazon Prime account.
- Select the title you want to watch.
- Tap the icon that looks like a horn with confetti next to the Play button.
- Make your profile.
- The video will open and display with a shareable link you can share with your friends and family.
- Tap the link to be a part of the watch party.
Prime Video Watch Party has a group chat to keep in touch with everyone while watching.
Previous Article – 5 Ways to Reserve Your Data